A 100% natural and renewable soil amendment to help your plants develop stronger root systems and retain nutrients longer.
Coir (from Malayalam kayar, cord) is the coarse fibers extracted from the fibrous outer shell of a coconut. Coir is a 100% natural and renewable resource. It has spongy characteristics, possessing excellent air space and drainage with a water holding capacity of > 70%.
- 100% natural, renewable replacement for peat moss, rockwool & perlite
- Compressed bricks are easy to handle and store
- his disease resistant / pH balanced growing medium provides excellent air space and water holding capacity
- Holds between 8 & 10 times its volume in water
- Each brick yields 0.125 cubic feet of growing medium