The Green Johanna was named as the Gardeners’ World Star Buy and developed in Sweden to provide a simple, easy to use compost system to safely compost all degradable kitchen waste all year round! The well thought out, patented design of Green Johanna means you do not have to know much about composting – with Green Johanna everyone can compost now! Green Johanna allows us to compost all our food waste. This means bones, bread, dairy, eggshell, fish, fruit, meat, soup and vegetables can all be used and composted, as well as coffee filters, teabags, household papers, egg cartons, wilted flowers and dead pot plants. It allows us to produce the finest quality compost all year round, no matter how cold the outside temperature, we can make compost 12 months a year thanks to its special shape. The final product is fully broken down and appears as a moist, nutrient-rich soil, the ultimate treat for our favourite garden plants. Unlike most compost systems which must be emptied by dismantling or digging from the top, the Green Johanna is easy to empty. It allows us to draw only the completed compost from the bottom without disturbing the process that is continuing above. No soil is as nutritious and of such high quality as that which comes from a hot composter and which contains both garden and household waste. The compost produced in Green Johanna is a rich nutrient supplement for your garden. You’ll notice the difference in everything you grow: vegetables will taste better and flowers will grow and flourish!
- A hot composter, the Green Johanna recycles all kinds of waste food – even cooked food, bones, meat and fish – into natural organic compost.
- Bones, Bread, Meat, Fish, Coffee Filters, Teabags, Papers, Plants and much more can be added to your Green Johanna
- Green Johanna allows us to make compost all the year round. No matter how cold the outside temperature, we can make compost 12 months a year thanks to the special shape and the winter jacket (Winter Jacket Sold Separately).
- Green Johanna features adjustable ventilation. With the lockable lid the variations in compost temperature and quality can easily be adjusted and controlled.
- Green Johanna is easy to empty. Unlike most compost systems which must be emptied by dismantling or digging from the top.