Not to be used dry
Has huge water holding capacity
Natural Mineral product
- Vermiculite Fine, for reptile eggs and invertebrates needing high humidity over substantial periods.
- Where a highly humid environment needs to be stable for extended periods of time, Vermiculite Substrate has few competitors.
- It does not rot or support microbial growth.
- It will not leach toxic chemicals and it holds incredible amounts of water for its weight and volume.
- It is, however, quite fragile and only small invertebrates like young spiders and scorpions of species that like wet environs should be kept on it. The major use is to hold incubating eggs, a task it excels at.